Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Words of the Holy Father-Am I resistant to the salvation of Jesus-09-18-24 My way

 Words of the Holy Father-Am I resistant to the salvation of Jesus-09-18-24 My way

Jesus says to them: “I don’t understand you! You are like those children: we played the flute for you and you didn’t dance; we sang a sad song for you and you didn’t weep. What do you want?”. The answer is again: “We want salvation to be done our way”. It comes back to this “closure” to God’s modus operandi. (…) The “tragedy of resistance to salvation” leads one not to believe “in mercy and in forgiveness” but in sacrifice. And it compels one to want “everything well organized, everything definite”. It is “a tragedy”, which “even each one of us has inside”. For this reason let us examine our conscience: “How do I want to be saved? My way? (…) I believe that Jesus is the master who teaches us salvation or do I go everywhere to hire a guru who teaches me about another one?”. (…) All these questions, which will do us good to ask ourselves today: “Am I resistant to the salvation of Jesus?”. (Santa Marta, 3 October 2014)


Wednesday of the Twenty-fourth Week in Ordinary Time


Gospel and Thought for the Day - Vatican News https://www.vaticannews.va/en/word-of-the-day.html 


Gospel in Art: What description can I find for the men of this generation? https://www.indcatholicnews.com/news/50658

No comments:

Post a Comment